A Gallery & Arts Crawl
Friday, November 17 | 5:30-9:00 p.m.
The Camden Gallery Gallop event started in 2016 as promotional event for local artists and galleries in the Camden. The event was so popular that we are bringing in back for its second year!
A listing of participating artists include:
The Bassett Gallery | Camden ART Fall Members' Show | 810 Lyttleton Street
Rutledge Street Gallery | 508 Rutledge Street
Isom's Delight | 1011 Broad Street
Artists' Attic | 930 Broad Street
Schmucker's Amish Store | 1040A Broad Street
Northlight Studio | Laurie McIntosh | 607 Rutledge Street
Art at the Green Leaf Villa | 1307 Broad Street
About the Participants
Seven different Camden businesses will be participating in the Gallery Gallop. They include the Fine Arts Center's Bassett Gallery, Art at Greenleaf Villa, The Artists' Attic, Isom's Delights, Northlight Studio, Rutledge Street Gallery, and Schmucker's Amish General Store.
- Bassett Gallery will host the Camden ART Fall Members' Show. This annual juried show features the best new art work by members of Camden ART. Camden Art (CArt) is a visual arts affiliate and founding member organization of the Fine Arts Center of Kershaw County. CArt is comprised of art makers and enthusiasts from beginner to professional levels who gather for education, exhibition, community, and supporting the Fine Arts Center through volunteer activities. Regular meetings occur September through May at 7:00 p.m. in the Basset Gallery at the FAC. Members enjoy guest speakers and demonstrations at regular meetings, and free or reduced rates on special workshops. Two annual exhibitions in the Fine Arts Center's Bassett Gallery are open to all members with regular attendance and additional opportunities are available in the Bassett Building lobby throughout the year. As partners with the FAC, members learn and assist with gallery maintenance/installation, travel the annual Youth Art Month winners within the county, and represent CArt and the FAC in city wide art events. Membership is currently $25 for individuals and $40 for couples.
Questions can be directed to Catherine Lloyd, current CArt Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-908-1187. The Bassett Gallery is located on the campus of the Fine Arts Center of Kershaw County at 810 Lyttleton Street.
- Art at the Greenleaf Villa houses various artists and art styles from Asian silk painting, pen and ink, handpainted wearables, photography, portraitures, miniatures, watercolors, collage and more. There are five resident artists located within its space--Midge Bremer, Ginny Caraco, Denise Greer, and Bill and Anne Starnes. Several guest artists will also take part in the event. Greenleaf Villa is located at 1307 Broad Street.
- The Artists' Attic is a gallery and working studio for local artists. It is a place where you can witness the artists bringing ideas in form. The Artists' Attic offers both classes and framing. Stop by and enjoy the magic of creativity. The Artists' Attic is located at 930 Broad Street.
- Isom's Delights is located inside the open air mall at 1011 Broad Street beside Catery on Broad. There you will see the work of owner, Lori Starnes. Her unique style features delightful, real-life portraitures of African-Americans. She will be serving samples of some of her delectable cookies, along with pound cakes and pies for purchase.
- Northlight Studio is home to the studio of Laurie McIntosh. The Gallery Gallop is her first open studio since relocating to Northlight Studio in Camden after seven years as a full-time resident artist at Vista Studios in Columbia, SC.
McIntosh's abstract paintings involve deconstructing ordinary aspects of life and reconfiguring them into finished works, the scene is life imitating art. She explains that while her abstracts involve recognizable objects from her life that is split between the South Carolina's Midlands and the coast -a fishing lure here, a sleeping dog there and what appears to be a piece of horse tack in another-each one is like a remnant of a dream. Fleeting images rendered in a soothing color palette stir memories and emotions, creating more questions than answers. As such, McIntosh says her work is intentionally open to interpretation.
- Rutledge Street Gallery is an original contemporary art gallery. Since it opened in 1999, it has maintained a reputation for having beautiful and exquisite pieces. Represents emerging and established artists creating paintings, sculpture, furniture, and pottery. Nicholas Blake, local furniture maker and Jenny Fuller, an oil painter from Charlotte, will be milling around hoping to show off their work! Rutledge Street Gallery is located at 508 Rutledge Street.
- Schmucker's Amish General Store, 1040A Broad Street is full of handmade items in the Amish tradition. Food goods, furniture and artwork of varying styles may be found here. Pop in and take away some of the best homemade cheeses, breads, pickles and more!
CamdenART will host it Fall Members' Show in conjunction with the Gallery Gallop. This annual juried show
features the best new art work by members of the Camden ART Association, an
affiliate member of the FAC. You will be treated to some great artwork in
various mediums. There will be pieces available for purchase, so make a note to
start your holiday shopping here! Winners of the Members' Show (first through
third place) will be announced at the end of the show, along with the People's
Choice Award and Honorable Mentions. Light hors d'ouevres will be served along with a cash bar. The Bassett
Gallery is located on the campus of the Fine Arts Center of Kershaw County at
810 Lyttleton Street. Image by Walker Canada.
At the CamdenArt event in the Bassett Gallery, the evening will begin with awards presentation for first, second and third place, as well as for People's Choice in this annual juried show at the
Basset Gallery. Camden
area artists will present their recent works in painting and sculpture, as well
as pottery, gourds, jewelry, mosaic and other mediums.
The public is welcome to
view and purchase the art during the CamdenART exhibition which closes December 15, 2017.
The Bassett Gallery is sponsored by:
The Gallery Gallop logo was
designed and submitted by Kristen Arledge, a local professional artist.